Leon

"Ray" wrote in message
oups.com...
I haven't used the guard or splitter for my Jet Contractor saw since
I bought it. I didn't think it was needed because I primarily cut
plywood and smaller pieces and rarely needed to rip any lumber. Last
week I needed to rip some 8' 2x4s so I thought it would be a good
idea to install the safety device. Worked fine and probably saved me
from injury since the 2x4s twisted and bowed like crazy as they were
ripped.

After that I went out and bought a decent blade (Freud finishing blade)
because I was installing a new kitchen and had to cut finished
materials - fillers, toe kicks, etc. This is when I noticed a problem,
even though the splitter was lined up with the blade, the wood would
bind between the splitter and the fence. The finishing blade is the
same width as the splitter.

I want to keep the splitter and guard so what do I do? A few thoughts
I have a

If the blade indeed leaves a kerf that the splitter will fit into correctly
and the splitter is indeed aligned to the blade, It could very well be the
stock you are cutting. It could be bowed and that will create this problem.
I would not modify the splitter until I ruled everything out.