PipeDown

TFFN wire will do fine inside a conduit. You need three insulated pieces
(two hots and a neutral) and one uninsulated ground. Four #12 wires in a
3/4" conduit is acceptable. Since the conduit is nonmetallic, you do not
have to bond the ground wire to it. Continue to use NM J-boxes (the gray
outdoor type you can cement the conduit to it). Make sure to wire each of
the hots to a different phase of the breaker box so that the current in the
neutral subtracts instead of adding up.

I don't think you can run an electrical branch through a known water drain
but if you did it would definitely be UF cable type.

PS. NM (Non metallic) WRT Romex cables only refers to the outer sheath.
Running bundled cables like Romex NM-B 12-3 cable through the conduit is
certainly possible but the use of bundled cables inside the conduit would
require derating of the ampacity of those wires makeing it as an effective
#14 (or so depending on the distance) because of the reduced ability of that
wire to shed heat. It is therefore more desireable to run individual wires.

"C & M" wrote in message
I believe that NM is wore code that you are looking for. If I had it to do
again I would have run mine thru sewer/ drain pipe and gone deeper than
the
6" that I did run it. Check local code and I'm sure you'll get better
infor
from those in the know right here. Don't change your channel - just your
socks!

I have a garage that has pvc underground from the house. The wires
that are in there now are #14 and only one circuit. I want to run 3
#12 wires so I have 2 circuits and 20A instead of 15A. There is
plenty of room in the 3/4" conduit. I dont see a reason to buy UF
cable, since it's in conduit. It only has single wires now. My
question is what type of wire to use. I know all wires have a
specific use and numbers on them to designate use. I dont think water
gets in the conduit, but I know that I need wire that is made for wet
locations.

Randy