SJF

"Vic Dura" wrote in message
news
Here is an article claiming that a 2400 sqft "round" house (approx 28'
dia.) is more resistant to wind than a rectilinear (square or
rectangle) house.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~vdura/Images/scan2.jpg

Any comments/opinions on the veracity of the claims?

The cited article is nothing more than a sales pitch -- a simple answer to a
very complex question. A structure, whatever its shape, should be designed
to resist whatever forces may be imposed, windwise or otherwise. The shape
of the structure is only one of many factors to be considered in design,
factors such as esthetics, economy, utility and the desire to have something
unique. Considering these, it is easy to see why circular and dome houses
have not become a standard.

For an indication of how complex innovative design to resist wind stresses
can be --

http://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cbd/cbd034e.html

SJF