RBM

If you are looking for direct burial cable, you want "UF". If you want to
run wires in conduit, you want conductors rated for wet location like THWN
"C & M" wrote in message
I believe that NM is wore code that you are looking for. If I had it to do
again I would have run mine thru sewer/ drain pipe and gone deeper than
the
6" that I did run it. Check local code and I'm sure you'll get better
infor
from those in the know right here. Don't change your channel - just your
socks!

I have a garage that has pvc underground from the house. The wires
that are in there now are #14 and only one circuit. I want to run 3
#12 wires so I have 2 circuits and 20A instead of 15A. There is
plenty of room in the 3/4" conduit. I dont see a reason to buy UF
cable, since it's in conduit. It only has single wires now. My
question is what type of wire to use. I know all wires have a
specific use and numbers on them to designate use. I dont think water
gets in the conduit, but I know that I need wire that is made for wet
locations.

Randy