C & M

You don't say what your task is but if it involves recessed lighting with
the can protruding into the attic you have to keep the cellulose away from
the can by 6". There are cans with a feature which allows you to put the
insulation closer - ask the supplier. If you plan to be working in one
particular area consider taking a board along with you and laying in on the
joists so that you don't become fatigued in the 'straddle' posture of
standing on the joists. Also, consider screwing them fast or, at least,
placing a cleat on each end of the board so the it cannot walk off of the
joist on either end.

"JOHN D" wrote in message
I need to do some work in my attic. There's nothing but the joists to walk
on and everything is covered with at least a foot of loose fill

insulation.
Do I have to just push the insulation out of the way or build something

over
it or what.