gary

Default Plumbing venting question...

I'll be doing plumbing on a new house and have a question. I see the houses
around here where the plumbers run the main vent and an average of 3
secondary vents right up through the roof wherever they enter the attic. On
one particular house I saw yesterday they ran a secondary vent up an
exterior wall which comes out the front of the house roof near the corner
which makes it about 2 feet or so away from the gutter. This looks
horrible. In fact any vent on the front of the house looks bad.

Can I elbow (45 and 45) my main in the attic so that it exits out the back
side of the houses roof? Can I also elbow any secondary vents toward the
back too? In addition could I tie all secondary vents into the main vent in
the attic?

I will be asking the inspector down the line but we are still waiting for
the house plans to be drawn up so I thought I would see what is done around
the country first.

TIA

Gary