Rick

"toller" wrote in message
I don't know anything about windows; not even the proper

terminology.

My house is 23 years old. The windows have a crank and open

sideways. The
only word I can find on them is "Truth". Doing a google search, it

is not
clear if that is a window manufacturer or not.
A really lousy picture of the crank is at:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/crank.jpg
Apparently I don't know much about using cameras either.

One window, the one we open most of course, is broken. The crank

just turns
and nothing happens. Presumably a piece of the mechanism is broken.

So, how do I go about fixing this? Is Truth a window manufacturer?

Are
they still in business? How do I get parts? How do I take it apart

install the parts?

Thanks much

Go to one of the home centers and look for casement window crank
replacements. Removal should be obvious. Remove the crank handle, the
cover will come off, and the screws holding the mechanism to the
window frame will be exposed...