Edwin Pawlowski

"Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
The ceiling hvac register in my bedroom is noisy. The noise is
primarily broad band "whishing" from the air over the blades of the
damper and diffuser. If I remove the register, the duct is very quiet.

Keep it off. If you normally have it wide open, they it is really not doing
much aside from making noise. Probably looks better than an open hole too,
but that's about all.

Are there quiet diffuser/registers out there? I just replaced the
register with one that has individual curved blades which helped a bit.
The damper portion is wide open and only contributes to noise making.
Are there diffusers withoug dampers?

Yes. YOu can probably modify what you have also.