Joseph Meehan

Mark Modrall wrote:
Hi...

We're in a very soupy heatwave here in the metro boston area (90
degrees, 90 percent humidity), and to top it off a lot of moisture
seems to seep up through our foundation (not through cracks but
seemingly just through the concrete).

My wife tried buying a dehumidifier at the hardware store today, but
she says she's returning it tomorrow; it may work at taking some water
out of the air but the downside is that it's exhaust is very hot -
adding hot (but hopefully drier) air to an already hot room.

So, are there any recommendations for a good dehumidifier that might
not have as hot exhaust? What are the better models out there?

Thanks
_mark

You can't break a law of physics.

All that electricity running the dehumidifier will be turned to heat.
In addition you will also get heat because as water condenses it releases
the heat it absorbed when it condensed.

You need an A/C because it does the same thing as the dehumidifier and
one more thing, it dumps all that heat outside.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit