John

Default Water pressure

"stuart noble" wrote in message
I'm trying to gather information for someone in Berks about their low

mains
water pressure. They share a supply with a local school and the water
company only comes to measure the pressure during the school holidays

when
it is judged to be adequate, but only just apparently. I suspect over the
year it may not be.
So, what is the minimum pressure they are obliged to provide? Is this
supposed to be an average pressure over a certain period? Who is the
regulatory authority in this case?
Can you buy something to measure pressure at the kitchen tap or would a
L/min flow rate be as good? I am thinking that maybe a series of readings
taken over a long period may help to get something done.
If anyone has "taken on" a water utility in this way I'd be grateful for

any
information.

I was in my local Plumb Centre the other day and recall seeing a "Regin"
pressure test kit which is basically a dial gauge with a short hose and a
washing machine tap connector all for around fifteen quid or so. If you fit
one to the cold feed to the washing machine and read and record the
pressures over a period you will have a basis for argument. You could go to
the extent of fitting a pressure transducer and a chart recorder but its
probably a bit OTT at this stage.