Brian V

"Mark Modrall" wrote in message
Hi...

We're in a very soupy heatwave here in the metro boston area (90
degrees, 90 percent humidity), and to top it off a lot of moisture seems
to seep up through our foundation (not through cracks but seemingly just
through the concrete).

My wife tried buying a dehumidifier at the hardware store today, but
she says she's returning it tomorrow; it may work at taking some water
out of the air but the downside is that it's exhaust is very hot -
adding hot (but hopefully drier) air to an already hot room.

So, are there any recommendations for a good dehumidifier that might
not have as hot exhaust? What are the better models out there?

Thanks
_mark

--
Put the .net on the .cod to send email

Mark,

I'm in Boston too. I just bought a Dandy Sillouette AC/De-Humidifier. This
unit has 2 6" ducts that connect to a plate which goes in the window. 1 is
an air intake, the other is the hot exhaust. This thing kicks butt! Works
absolutely awesome. It was 450$ in attleboro, I think the place was called
Percy's, not 100% on that tho, it was next to BestBuy right after the
Emerald Sq. Mall. Here's a link to what I got.
http://www.danby.com/en/whatsNew.asp

-Brian