"meirman" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair on Tue, 19 Jul 2005 02:44:31 -0400
"
posted:

I'm thinking of washing from the inside because the air's pulling the

crap
in from the outside of the fins. So, I wonder if a stream strong

enough
(from the outside) might force water into electrical stuff that, even

though
it's meant to be outdoors, isn't designed for a horizontal hosing. I
dunno...

Most things will dry off if you wait 2 or 3 days, but it wouldn't hurt
to wrap the motor in a big plastic trash bag. Don't forget to unwrap
it before putting the cover on.

WHY?

Why wouldn't it hurt? Why would it?

Waste of time.

Does he need to wrap it in the rain too?

Like he said, he's going to be spraying the water from the side.
Where I come from, it rains from the top.

Funny thing guy...we do this 4 to 10 times a day, and thats got to be the
silliest idea I have seen on a sealed motor.

My AC also has a solid 8 to 10 inch disk which I think is meant to
shield the motor from rain. It's just bigger than the motor.

Its called a rain sheild...its also called a waste of material.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.