Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
And I ask again, how does it achieve this if not by altering gear
ratios?

See 50 other posts. Nah, don't bother you are too thick to understand.

But those posts are all from you and you're wrong. Not one single person
has agreed with you that it doesn't have a CVT transmission. Not even the
makers of the damn thing...

Note: "it rises and falls with power demand", not raises and lowers
ratios.

You're a fool.

You are funny. we continue...........

" The Prius transmission does not, however, multiply up engine
torque at low vehicle speed."

No, because it's using an electric motor at low speeds. Sheesh. Didn't
you know that?

I didn't write it, but it is correct. In fact it uses the electric
motor all the time at all speeds.

So at all times at speed the engine drives a generator which drives the
electric motor?

Don't think you've quite grasped the principle...

--
*I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.