Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:18:24 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:01:45 GMT, "Egremont"
wrote:

Choosing a boiler again... but can anyone suggest any non-modulating
condensing boilers in the 24-28kW range?. The one suggestion I've seen

so
far is Quantum Heatsave, I'd need too check physical size, cost etc so

choice of more than 1 would be good.

This would be for a Thermal Store system, for which flame modulation

is
(in
theory) an unneccessary waste. On the other hand, I'm thinking I might

be
better off just 'going with the flow' and getting a standard

(modulating)
boiler regardless of the redundant fucntion.

Egremont.

PS - there is a background that's been gone into in another thread

(which
I'm still looking into...)

You would be better off with a
modulating one driving the radiators
directly

He wouldn't at all.

and the cylinder of the thermal store directly, with the
thermal store used only for hot water.

He has the heating already off the store in two zones.

snip

This does not make optimal use of a condensing boiler, let alone a
modulating one.

It does. Only a cheaper, simpler more reliable boiler need be used.