fred

In article , Egremont
writes
Choosing a boiler again... but can anyone suggest any non-modulating
condensing boilers in the 24-28kW range?. The one suggestion I've seen so
far is Quantum Heatsave, I'd need too check physical size, cost etc so a
choice of more than 1 would be good.

This would be for a Thermal Store system, for which flame modulation is (in
theory) an unneccessary waste. On the other hand, I'm thinking I might be
better off just 'going with the flow' and getting a standard (modulating)
boiler regardless of the redundant fucntion.

One of the benefits of a modulating one would be that it would modulate to
keep the boiler in condensing mode. That would be useful towards the end
of a cycle when the temperature of the store is reaching it's demand level
and the return temperature would rise, given continued max output. I see
this with my own (large) hot water cyl when it starts out on full whack, then
backs off a bit towards the end, usually a 20min cycle with the last 5mins
backed off to half power.

My Keston Celsius 25 has been reported here once as not liking driving
thermal stores, don't know why but I recall it from way back.

Sorry for not answering the question :-).
--
fred