TKM

"Jeff" wrote in message
ups.com...
Am I crazy or are single 48" fluorescent fixtures hard to come by? I
don't want the typical shop light, but rather something that is thin
and kind of mounts it sideways (if that makes sense) Like this:

| --- BULB --- |
| |
-----------------------

I've looked at Lowes, etc but can't seem to find it. The only ones I
have found on the internet are for blacklights and therefore priced
insanely high. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, the big box retailers with their low-price focus limit your
choices. There are plenty of 48" fixtures made that are easily obtained,
but you do have to get them through an electrical distributor. I found it
useful to find a local distributor who would sell to me, but there are
on-line distributors with good pricing on such products too. Look on the
Lithonia web site for a wide variety of 48" fixtures, for example.

TKM