Lee Michaels

"AAvK" wrote

Were you able to finally find drill bits that met your specifications?

SURE! You bet I did! At high cost too. WL Fuller bits from Bits 'n' Bores,
I bought one only though, an HSS 1/2"-er that is 10" long with 7-1/2" of
twist. They give really fast service which I like. I think for the
quality, which
is genuine, it is really the way to go. $26.xx + s/h.

Along time ago, I was involved in making lots of rustic style furniture.
Lots of planks, lag screws, etc. I found that the garden variety bits were
not serving me very well. I had a friend refer me to a commercial supplier.
I walked into a big room with counters, a bunch of counter guys and huge
warehouses in back.

I told them what I wanted. They went in back and got the few bits I needed
in the sizes I required I went with one of each and two of one size. When
they told me how much they cost, I almost fainted. Recovering my composure,
I paid the man. It was a smart move. Those bits worked flawlessly and hardly
ever needed sharpening. I still use them 25 years later.

You get what you pay for.