Rob Mills

"TP" wrote in message ...

I have a Delta 12 1/2 in planer. I accidentally fed a strip of wood of

1/8 in thick through the planer and didn't realize that the thinest limit
is 3/16. It planed ok but after that it won't start anymore. Did I just
burn the motor by doing that? Is there a fuse or something to protect
overloading? Anyone ran into the same problem?

I wouldn't think that going to 1/8th would hurt anything as long as the
blades didn't hit (lordhelpus) the table. I have a 20 year old Ryobi AP10
that's planed down to 1/8th (and lower) many times and still works as it
did when new. RM~