Chuck

On 20 Jul 2005 03:38:48 -0700, wrote:

I have 2 very big pet peeves:

1. Why can't the USPS, who is so automated, have postage per ounce
like the GOV'T requires of grocery stores?

Ah, that's an easy one. You answered your own question. "Why can't
the USps...GOV'T..." I'll bet you can't name a single thing, under
government auspices, that is done efficiently.

2. An eBay seller who puts shipping and handling at, say $6.95, for
an item you KNOW will be $2.75 (or something close) to ship and starts
the bidding at $1.00. Even if I want this item, I refuse to bid or
buy anything from that seller. (of course, it wouldn't be anything for
turning anyway; all those sellers are sensible, right?!?)

I hear you on this one. That irks me, too, and my response is the
same as yours. I also make a point of stating on my own auctions that
I don't have fake "handling" charges to jack up the price, and buyers
pay only actual shipping costs. Sometimes I'll even go to the trouble
of writing to the auctioner and asking them why it costs $12 to ship a
baseball card or something like that, or why I can't pick my own
shipping rate. Why on earth should I have to pay for Express Mail if
I want a book shipped media rate or parcel post?

I guess that's why they call it "shopping!"

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget