Ralph E Lindberg

In article . com,
wrote:

I'm having a real hard time trying to figure fair shipping costs for my
items. As many of you know I sell CLTL (Carpe Lignum, Torne Lignum)
items and now have a stainless steel bottle stopper. This is not an
ad for those items, my problem is how to charge for shipping and should
I add a handling fee? I hate handling fees, however, I'm learning
there is a cost to handling. I've been quoting exact shipping to zip
codes. After buying tissue paper, bubble wrap and tape, then there's
the PayPal fees, ..... well, you get the picture.

Am I making this a bigger deal than it really is? Could I add $1 or
more to cover these expenses? I'm driving myself crazy trying to be
fair but not lose money. Guess that comes from raising 4 kids alone
and struggling forever, sort of like people I know who lived through
the Depression and are still afraid of losing their money. My, I
hadn't expected to go off like this, I was just going to ask a simple
little question. Sorry.

Recall that eBay/PayPal don't want you to charge extra for PayPal
(trust me, they complained to me about it when I did)

Build your costs into the price, people -hate- paying extra for
shipping, I know I do

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv