dave

Snydley wrote:
I'm having a 2 car garage built in the next month,( from a new pole barn, 2
story), and am looking into the many options in garage doors. Do any of you
have any suggestions on what type of door is best,

depends on numerous factors: WIDTH and HEIGHT of door (or doors) you
desire? is zoning an issue? maybe "the Amish" can build you some doors
of matching material that're either suspended from tracks, or roll
(sideways, OR outward from the center) on wheels...

sectional, roller, up and
over etc., and can you recommend any certain brand, or any brand to stay
away from? I've got some time to decide and I don't want to make a mistake,
hence the reason for this message.
I am thinking about buying the doors myself and having a friend install
them with me. The Amish are building the barn, and they will cut the
openings for me, I will be installing the doors.

you never stated opening size: height OR width...strikes me as 'having
the Amish cut an opening' is silly. normally, such large openings
should've been 'planned for' at the onset, dimensionally, and pole
spacing/opening sizes 'planned for' before construction undertaken, in
the building framing...

As it stands now, I am leaning towards Wayne Dalton insulated sectional
doors purchased from our local Lowes hardware store,

insulated doors are 'swell', but is the BUILDING insulated? if not, why
bother?
but the more I look
into this the more I like the idea of the rolling door type, no overhead
track to deal with. Has anyone had any experience with them?
Thanks,
Snyde

your main consideration is looks? price? strength? insulation? size of
the opening?

this question is a "little on the too broad side" to answer directly...

good luck

toolie