Roger Taylor

"Jeff" wrote in message
I am taking out a wall in my house and there are several 2x4's I need to
remove. They have big nails driven deeply into them. I tried using a wood
chisel to make some space around the heads so I could pull them out but it
seems there must be a trick?

A great tool for this, if you don't want to use a Sawzall, is a Crescent
Suregrip No. 56 Nail Puller - look it up on Google for a picture. Most
well-stocked hardware retailers have them, but call first. They are a
prybar/plier combo, which has an impact sleeve on it that embeds the jaws of
the tool around the sunken nail head, and the long lever gives enormous
mech. advantage for strong pulling. Side benefit is you can reuse the 2x4's.
I use mine all the time, for, e.g., removing deck boards without all the
sawdust, noise, and mess of multiple sawcuts.