dave

Default adhesives - 'sticking down' ceramic tile TO existing linoleum? "newtype" stuff?

what type of adhesive is 'ordinarily' used these days to 'stick down'
ceramic tile on TOP of linoleum? this is in a small residential kitchen
and front hallway, each of those areas roughly 55 sq feet....

I already tested all over (both areas) with a toilet plunger, and the
linoleum is "stuck down GOOD'n'TIGHT" everywhere to the slab, central
areas included, wall TO wall, *NOT* just along the edges...

is the adhesive I'm seeking something similar to "liquid nails
construction adhesive" or something? I'd like it to be spreadable with a
normal tile adhesive "square notched" trowel....

also, is there some type of 'linoleum softener' or 'pre-primer'
involved? plan is to grout -between- the tiles 'in the normal manner'
afterward...is special grout involved too? or just using some type of
'additive' to everyday normal grout, or?

thanks for smartening me up some,

toolie