Arpit

from the sounds of it, the tuner is not at fault.
THis is becasue you said the picture is still grainy when you use the
vcr, which I'm assuming means when you have the vcr connected to the
AV inputs and using , thus, the VCRs tuner to watch tv. I'd check your
antenna wiring and connectors.

Assuming

-thats not what you meant

and
-the tv tuner is faulty

and
-the vcrs tuner is fine

and
-your time is worth anything at all to you

just use the vcr's tuner to watch tv, and stop risking breaking the
set and just wasting time.

On 17 Jul 2005 05:17:30 -0700, "alitonto"
wrote:

I am repairing this Teac TV ctm687 which has a grainy picture on all
channels; even when using the vcr (however the tapes play a normal
picture.
Hence I suspect the tuner (oscar 2900kkc) for which I measure 7.87
volts at the AGC pin which goes to i/c TDA8305A pin 5 which according
to TV schematics should only have 3.9 volts.
My B+ at the tuner is 12.11 and I wonder if this is the correct supply
voltage to the tuner.
Thanks in advance.
Al