Morris Dovey

Jon (in ) said:

| I just moved into a new house and the basement is basically a blank
| slate. I would like to make a bench approx 6ft long for working on
| and miscellaneous things. I am not a carpenter by any stretch of the
| imagination, so I am wondering if anyone has any plans for a very
| basic work bench for a beginner carpenter.

Jon...

I built a simple sturdy 6' bench that might serve your needs. It
requires an 8' 2x4 and two and a half 12' 2x12 boards. You'll need a
saw (I used a circular saw), a carpenter's square, a power drill, and
a pocket hole drilling jig. I used a Kreg pocket hole jig and
recommend it strongly. You'll want some #8 2-1/2" square drive washer
head screws and a #2 driver.

I've posted side and front view drawings to
news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking that show how the parts are cut
and assembled. If you'd like more info I can take photos and post
them; but the drawings may be sufficient.

Assembly time (working on the garage floor without a plan or
sawhorses) was under an hour.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar