Art

Definitely get a price from a Wayne Dalton store if there is one near you.

"Snydley" wrote in message
Wayne Dalton are the doors I saw at Lowes. I'm thinking now about biting
the
bullet and paying a garage door company to do the doors. The guy I talked
to, after I originally wrote this message, was saying that they should be
"framed in" using 4x4s and to make sure the opening was cut correctly. I'm
thinking now I'll just have a door company do it. I don't want to screw
anything up.

Thanks,
Snyde

"Art" wrote in message
k.net...
See if there is a Wayne Dalton store near you and check their price on
the
door and installation. I bet it is cheaper then Lowes by a lot.

Excellent
doors in any case and check out their IDrive openers that go right above

the
door.

"Snydley" wrote in message
I'm having a 2 car garage built in the next month,( from a new pole

barn,
2
story), and am looking into the many options in garage doors. Do any of
you
have any suggestions on what type of door is best, sectional, roller,
up
and
over etc., and can you recommend any certain brand, or any brand to
stay
away from? I've got some time to decide and I don't want to make a
mistake,
hence the reason for this message.
I am thinking about buying the doors myself and having a friend install
them with me. The Amish are building the barn, and they will cut the
openings for me, I will be installing the doors.
As it stands now, I am leaning towards Wayne Dalton insulated sectional
doors purchased from our local Lowes hardware store, but the more I
look
into this the more I like the idea of the rolling door type, no
overhead
track to deal with. Has anyone had any experience with them?
Thanks,
Snyde