Doug Kanter

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

I don't want to deny you making a good living, but are you losing money if
I do a repair with your help? Will you come to my house and do it at your
normal price? Of course not, it would be impractical.

What's interesting (in the midst of this little love-fest) is this: In my
previous house, I had a really ancient furnace (eventually replaced), and
the HVAC guy I used often asked me (over the phone) to try a couple of
not-too-involved things on my own when there were problems. If these
suggestions didn't work, one of his people would come over and take care of
it.

Result: If anyone asked me who I used for HVAC work, I would NOT tell them.
Rather, I would write down the guy's name and stick the piece of paper in
the person's hand, to make sure they remembered, and tell them they were
nuts if they went anywhere else.

If someone saves me money when they feel it's appropriate, I send the money
right back to them one way or another. That's how businesses are built.