Mike John

Default Re-varnish dining table

If it is teak then Varnish is probably not a good idea. I have a dining =
table that had previously been varnished that looked pretty awful. =
Stripped the varnish with varnish remover, then scraper, then steel wool =
to get it to a fine surface. Then refinished with Tung oil. This is very =
similar to teak oil but with a harder finish. Now looks far better than =
with a varnish finish.

Mike

"Nige" wrote in message =
I want to re-varnish a G-Plan veneered teak dining table, it has got a
lot of scratches and heat damage. What is the best way to prepare it, =

scraper, sandpaper, or varnish remover?
--=20
Nige
=20
Please replace YYYY with the current year