Stretch

George wrote:

Ok, one last time. I know nothing about AC, but
am rather sceptical about the so called science of
adjusting the units. First, I have never had an
AC on a car that was fixed for some reason or
other that provided really cold air.

Since you know nothing about AC, why are you plastering your opinion
all over the walls of the internet? Second, you seem to go to
companies whose techs don't know what they are doing as well. Do you
think that doing things wrong should be the standard of the industry?
Why?

Many times I hear "You can't buy anything good any more." The fact is
that you can, but if you always buy on price alone, as you seem to do,
you won't get the good stuff

Second, the house AC we are talking about was
working adequately, just a problem with my
worry-wart wife. (She also questions the water
drip when the car is parked, and the gurgle from
the freezer, all of which are natural) The home
unit has worked slightly better (slightly colder
temps by my perception) for nearly 2 summers since
serviced.

You say it was working adequately, but don't know if it was working
RIGHT! Your power company loves you, dude! I don't believ anything
you own is ever fixed right!

Third, Before I retired I saw guys all the time
working on building AC units-big AC companies, 3-8
story buildings (one was a Federal Courthouse, one
was a brand new building that they kept fixing for
years) and the units were always having problems.
They dripped water inside, they didn't run, they
didn't provide enough cool, the fans would quit, etc.

Again, low bid, not high quality gets the job. An d you think that
that is the state of the art! Did you ever fly Value Jet? You don't
always get what you pay for, but you don't get what you don't pay for!
Stop buying cheap, then telling everyone that that is the best you can
do! Buy better stuff and hire better techs, your life will improve in
the long run!

"I know nothing about AC, but
am rather sceptical about the so called science of
adjusting the units."

Since you are sceptical about science, maybe you should go back to
living in caves. No science there to bother you.

Stretch