Doug Kanter

" wrote in
message ...

BTW Doug, altho many of the DIY guys wont like this, but altho your unit
may
very well seem to be running better after you chem clean, and flush the
outer coil, check the superheat, or subcool since its going to change with
the lower head pressures that you have created by this partial service.
While you are at it, you should also clean your blower, your evap, and
condensate drain.
THEN, check your superheat or subcool, since you will have allowed the
coil
to absorb more heat and increased airflow over it.
In other words...your charge, MAY no longer be correct.

I'm assuming that it's gonna need more than what little I can do to it.

This unit came with the house I bought last September. Previously, I used an
HVAC contractor that was terrific, but when there were problems with the
furnace (2 year old Goodman high-E), I called the name on the sticker
because the thing's still under warranty. The guy did NOT inspire
confidence, to put it politely. I didn't even give him the chance to come
over - I called my previous contractor, who, after looking at the
installation, said "Holy ****....". $150.00 later, some fine points of
installation were straightened out.

I *like* supporting these people, and normally don't mind paying whatever is
necessary because they do excellent work, and employ great people. But,
money's ridiculously tight at the moment, so if I can save even the smallest
amount of labor $$$, it'll help. On the other hand, I know when I'm about to
get into something that's beyond my abilities.