meirman

In alt.home.repair on Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:07:26 -0700 "CWLee"
posted:

I'm about to have a new roof installed. My neighbor just
had his done, and was very satisfied. I called the same
company to get a quote for my house. Rep took one look at
my house and said "Your roof is too steep. Our workers
can't work on a roof that steep." Then he left immediately.

Mine is a tract house, and about 25% of them have the
identical floor plan (or mirror image) and same roof angle.

How steep is it?

My neighbor's roof is definitely a much less steep angle.

I can understand there may be higher worker's comp insurance
rates for work on "steep roofs", and perhaps other insurance
considerations as well. Would that explain why a reputable,
local company, in business for 25 years, will decline to
replace "steep" roofs? Or could some other factor be
involved here that I have overlooked?

Maybe. Maybe.

Meirman
--