Gort

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Ryan" wrote in message

How can you loose power to half a room without a breaker tripping? I
am very nervous about this, but other than keeping everything off and
waiting for the electrician, I am unsure what else to do.

While it may seem odd to you, it is done intentionally. Houses are wired in
such a way that losing one circuit in a room will not render the room
useless. Receptacles on the front wall are on one line while the ones on
the opposite wall will be on another even though they may be in the same
room.

To add to the confusion, some single receptacles are wired 1/2 to one
circuit, the other half to another.
This is why you must check both halves for current before messing with
the wiring.

inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.