Stretch

It takes 10 to 15 minutes for the suction temperatures to completely
settle out after the unit is started, based on my data loggers. So it
should have been running that long before he checked it. Then when he
was done charging it, he should have watched it for at least 10 minutes
more. A mis-charged unit will not cool properly nor will it get rated
efficiency.

George E. Cawthon wrote:

So what makes you think he didn't check the temps?
All my wife told him was that it didn't seem to
be cooling quite right after she heard a gurgle.
(personally I didn't agree with my wife but it did
seem to cool a bit better).

How do you check the subcool and the super heat?
Do you go inside? I've never seen an AC guy check
a unit by going inside the house! Hell I don't
know exactly what he did.

In fact, to achieve rated efficiency, it must have the proper charge,
the correct air flow, be the proper size, and have a correvct equipment
match between the outdoor unit and the indoor coil.

If your tech never goes inside to measure the indoor temperature, he
cannot follow the manufacturer's recommendation. I would suggest that
you get a new service company to get your unit serviced properly. By
your own description, it was serviced improperly.

The price is not the main issue, but the amount of time. Unless he is a
super hero who can warp time, he cannot do a proper job using your time
estimates. The price will vary with wholesale prices, exact motor
models, company overhead costs, labor rates for your area, insurance
rates, average travel times etc. Every company is different. That is
why I gave such a wide range of prices.

Not trying to be a smart alec, just trying to do it right.

By the way, I can get you a great deal on a YUGO, you seem like the
kind of guy who likes to save money that way! Be careful how you save
money, it can cost you in the end!

Stretch