George E. Cawthon

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"George E. Cawthon" wrote

Glad I don't live where you are. It only cost me $50 bucks to have a tech
check the gas pressures and voltages/amps, add a little bit of gas, and
oil the motor. Took about 20-25 minutes, most of which he spent talking
to me and answering my questions.

Did the cost include a 6 pack of beer for Bubba too?

Added "a little bit of gas", huh? How did he determined that it needed that?

I hate to see what happens if you have a real problem.

Sceptic and snotty, huh? Well it was relay 15
percent more but they give a discount for old people.

He used pressure gauges, etc. to see if it was
running correctly and added 1/2 pound. Highly
professional and double checked everything. Same
company that installed the AC about 25 years ago.

"I hate to see what happens if you have a real
problem." Me too! Probably cost a lot, but I'll
call this guy or the company in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah, he didn't give me any bull**** about a
relay going bad (about $150) and the compressor
being weak (probably going to fail) because it
didn't pull enough current which was what the
company that installed my gas furnace did on a
free inspection of the AC.

Yep, too bad repair persons around here are
competent and charge reasonable amounts. Probably
will get the incompetents and high chargers in a
few more years when all the honest people are
replaced by infiltratetees from California.