FDR

"SQLit" wrote in message

"FDR" wrote in message

"Zing" wrote in message
oups.com...
My neighbor is selling his house in NJ and was told by a house
inspector that he has to have a GFCI by the stove and by the sink in
his 50 year old Cape Cod house.

The house has NO ground wire on the Romex since it was built.

I was always led to believe that even if you have a GFCI with NO GROUND
WIRE that you have SOME PROTECTION.
In other words, ONLY 2 WIRES - BLACK AND WHITE are connected to the
GFCI.

Would this hookup - only 2 wires and NO ground - meet a NJ home
inspection requirement ??

What about a GFCI BREAKER for the entire circuit ???
Pass inspection ???

TIA

Here in NY, a GFCI has to be installed on an outlet that has an open

ground.
In effect, the GFCI acts as they safety. I'd say the house inspector is
right.

Bull ****. the house infector is dead wrong. ( intentional )

The only building code that can be in forced is the one the house built
under or its renovations. Unless your local building department has
rules/laws that are draconian.

Of course. But they can still tell you that a GFCI should be at a certain
location.

Call the local folks and ask before you believe any home infector.

I buy and sell real-estate frequently. I have NEVER met a home infector
that
has all of his marbles in the right basket. Remember they are working for
the buyer and there for are not impartial.