Colbyt

"Budman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I'm replacing some rotten masonite siding and OSB/fiber sheathing on
some places around the bottom of the house. I would like to put up some
housewrap/bulding paper to stop the water infiltration, but I can only
extend the paper up about 2-3 feet (i.e. can't run it from the top
down).

What kind of tape/caulk can I use to seal the top? I know there is
specific tape for housewrap - what would seal the building paper with?

Thanks,
Budman

If I understood what you said, you currently have felt paper over the OSB
and you are replacing the lower part of that with house wrap.

The house wrap tape does not stick well to the felt paper. The only product
that I know that will bond to both is a product called Protectowrap. It is
sold for sealing around windows. It will bond to OSB, felt and housewrap.
It seals best when applied and then exposed to sunlight for a day or two.

Colbyt