"Ryan" wrote in message
oups.com...
"When did you purchase this house and was an inspection done at the
time?"

I purchased the house 5 years ago and it was inspected by a well known
local inspector who, except for a few small items that were not
electrical) said the house was in outstanding condition for being 75
years old. You know, the seller was an 80 year old woman who's husband
(aka handyman) had died so she probably wouldn't have known much. They
owned the house for 40 years, but we found all kinds of odd repairs as
we redid the rooms after buying it (paint, carpet, etc.. no electrical
changes)

We have never had something like this happen before. And, we have run
the AC on that same outlet for a couple of years without any problems
until yesterday.

This comment right here..thanks for posting it...seriously.
This is why we often times say, GET A PRO, period. Sometimes, when there are
things that you cant see, WE sure cant see them over the net and the
liability of trying to help feel around, as it were, in the dark (dark being
the internet) isnt worth it.
Sometimes you have problems from day one, even thou things seem to work
fine. When they fail, and things are put back right, is when you find you
have larger issues...or the original screw up caused more than you realized.

This time of year is when the bad stuff shows up and all of us get behind.
Im so far behind right now I cant see daylight and the ONLY reason Im on now
is to send a mail to a customer.

Good luck and hope it all works out.

All will stay off until the electrician can arrive. I guess that's all
we can do. Hope the repair of this isn't a nightmare.