jaylott jaylott is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris French
for some odd reason the sitting room in our new (to us) house doesn't
have any wired in lighting. The previous owners had lots of standard
lights etc.. No I don't understand it either.

Now we have sufficient lighting in the room, but it's pretty
inconvenient to have to walk into the room in the dark and then find the
standard lamp, so I to install a ceiling light. but I really want to
avoid running wires down the wall to the switch (Yeah I know I can run
trunking etc. But TBH, its years down the redecorating list I imagine,
I'd like to avoid looking at it, and there would be a picture rail and
the nice Victorian cornice to get past as well.

So I'm looking for some sort of wireless lighting switch that can switch
a relay or whatever in the ceiling to turn the light on and off. I'm not
looking for a remote control type thing, i'd just leave that lying
around the room and not be able to find it in the dark.

any recomendations
--
Chris French
There is a product called Easy Switch on page 21 of the latest Contact Electrical (TLC) catalogue which is exactly what you're after. Their website is www.tlc-direct.co.uk