David Efflandt

On 18 Jul 2005 20:56:36 -0700, Jeff wrote:
Am I crazy or are single 48" fluorescent fixtures hard to come by? I
don't want the typical shop light, but rather something that is thin
and kind of mounts it sideways (if that makes sense) Like this:

| --- BULB --- |
| |

I've looked at Lowes, etc but can't seem to find it. The only ones I
have found on the internet are for blacklights and therefore priced
insanely high. Any suggestions?

Not sure if I got it at Home Depot or Menards, but I got a bare fixture
with no shade called Homelux 48" striplight. It has rapid start ballast
and can use 40w, 34w or 25w 4' bulb.

I have not installed it yet because the old fixture boxed in over the
kitchen sink on an outside wall only occasionally gives me starting
trouble in extremely cold weather (maybe colder than room temperature).