lionslair at consolidated dot net

Vaughn wrote:

"lionslair at consolidated dot net" "lionslair at consolidated dot net" wrote
in message ...

Go to a good hardware store - maybe a lumber yard.

RAYFIX International - MF Midwest Fasteners Corp -

ULTIMATE Wall Anchor I have a box of XL 100 pound units.
Box is clear plastic - with a RED tape ad cover that has Rayfix in the upper
left...
part number 11209 if that helps. $6 for 8 anchors and 8 screws.

Only a hammer and a screw driver is needed. No drills.....

If those are the hangers I am thinking about, they are very good drywall
anchors, but they will not transfer the load to the stud. If you can find the
stud, a plain old #14 (or so) metal screw should work just fine for that load.
An alternative would be that same screw in a high quality plastic anchor that
penetrates the metal stud (larger hole).

Vaughn

The problem is most buildings don't have studs anymore. Steel 'studs' are used now.
They are thin sheet that is folded.

The other issue, studs are where they want them, not where we want to put stuff.
If I had to use two 100# anchors - I'd think about what is going over my head!

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life