Harold and Susan Vordos

"shedfull" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I have recently got a shaper in my H/ws, one of the projects I would
like to do is a t slotted cross slide for my 10" lathe.

Im a bit puzzled as to how to make a tool to cut the bottom of the T,
ie the undercut section of the T,
Ive searched here and on some groups but not hit anything yet,

Any Ideas?

Lee

You'd be far better served to use a Woodruff cutter in a mill in this
instance. If you don't have that capability, it can be done with offset
tools, but it will be somewhat challenging to accomplish without screwing up
something along the way. If you stay with the shaper, pay attention to the
clapper so it can't bind on the return stroke.

I assume your cross slide is cast gray iron. Luckily, it machines quite
freely, which will help tremendously, regardless of the method chosen.

Good luck!

Harold