James Lerch

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:44:16 GMT, Ignoramus4745
wrote:

Very nice pictures. An interesting decision to weld the motor to the
frame instead of bolting it.

The diesel isn't welded to the frame, it is bolted. As is the
generator head as well.

The next step is to build another frame, that the existing sub-frame
will attach to via rubber motor mounts.

I am skeptical about muffling this engine
due to cooling issues.

I'm not too worried about the diesel, but the generator head does have
a lot of air flow thru it. So I'll have to be careful there. I'm
currently thinking of mounting the radiator on the side of the engine,
near the air outlet of the generator head. This plus a couple of fans
"Running Backwards" (IE they push air thru the radiator towards the
outside air) and some louvered panels should work.

Take Care,
James Lerch
http://lerch.no-ip.com/atm (My telescope construction, Testing, and Coating site)
http://lerch.no-ip.com/ChangFa_Gen (My 15Kw generator project)
Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
Calvin Coolidge