DTJ

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:49:48 -0500,
(Matthew Russotto) wrote:

In article . net,
Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
"Matthew Russotto" wrote in message
In article .com,
Ed Stasiak wrote:

But I shouldn't have look at you blue tarp wrapped castle
sized motorhome 364 days a year when I'm trying to relax
in my backyard.

You, in your backyard, are an eyesore. Maybe we can ban you?

People have a reasonable expectation of privacy in their backyards, no
matter what they look like. That's a lot different than using the
right-of-way to store a land whale; you can't help but see that.

Right-of-way? I'm referring to restrictions on storing it on private
property, not on the street. Particularly restrictions based on
aesthetic concerns.

Sorry Matt, but I disagree with you here. Although it depends on how
far they go.

For example, in an upscale neighborhood, parking a semi nearby is
illegal. Why should lower income people have to put up with this
****?

As to boats and RVs, I have mixed feelings. I have a neighbor who
violates the local laws all the time. He just moves his RV from one
street to the next (lives on a corner) and gets away with it. He is a
builder, and so the village won't enforce the law. Why should I have
to risk getting hit every time I drive by his house because he has a
40 foot camper parked at the stop sign on a curve?

What is the right answer, I don't know. I do know that boats belong
on water, not in a driveway in front of a house.