Default Tiling the shower

Hi guys, new here to posting, but lurk a lot.

I'm in the process of tearing out my solid surface shower. I want to
put in tile walls with a prefab shower pan. It's just a basic tract
house, so I don't want anything fancy or $$$.

I just want to go with the basic eggshell white tiles with a basic
accent.

Questions:

1- Home Depot is very close by and therefore very convenient to
purchase hardware, etc. Is it a good idea to get the tile there? I will
be doing the countertop too. They have the color that matches the other
countertops in the house.

2- I see there are two ways to prep the walls. One is to remove the
greenboard, apply felt, then backerboard and tile over that. Another
way is to apply felt and backboard over the existing greenboard, and
then use bullnose on the edges. Which way do you think looks better?

3- What do you use to seal the overlap seams on the felt? caulking?

4- Is there a specific height the faucet handles and shower head have
to be? I'm fairly tall.

Last- What do you think of a recessed shampoo box?

Thanks!