Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" made things up in message
In article ,
Capitol wrote:
And, it only costs twice as much as equivalent small cars in
depreciation and insurance--group 8 compared to group 4. Interesting to
see the fleet rental rates for the new CVT Prius are now exceeding those
of many X type Jags! Poor residuals seem to be indicated. Presumably,
they had to go to CVT as the old gearbox had problems we weren't told
about! Like my friends Lexus which jumped off the road intermittently,
and was repurchased by Toyota IIUC. I wonder what the chances are of
getting hold of a new gearbox in six years time?

They need the CVT when in petrol mode because of the 'unusual' torque
characteristics of the engine.

You really haven't a clue. Petrol mode? The electric motor is Always
turning. It is sad to read. He makes all this up.