Alan James

Default Wiring Ring mains to MCBs in consumer units

"jamie T" wrote in message
om...
In my flat I've discovered that each end of the two socket ring mains
turning off an MCB and still getting 240V on the live terminal (i.e
I've got to switch off 2 MCBs to turn off the circuit).

Well spotted, but you should confirm ring continuity of live, neutral and
earth conductors by checking impedance across the open ends of the cables
you think are the ring. Then they both go to a single MCB. There are other
tests as well. Think there may be guidance on the TLC website.

Alan