Dave Hinz

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:01:08 -0700, Fred wrote:
The Milwaukee Super Sawzall 6537-22 is what my local hardware store carries
but is there a better one? Would orbital action be better? I'm looking at a
120V corded unit with smooth cuts, minimal vibration, good power and good
reliability. I burn up about 2 reciprocating saws (not Milwaukees) about
every 5 years so heavy duty and reliability is a must.

I don't use mine all the time, but my Milwaukee Super-sawzall has been
in use for my entire home construction project, and other than the cord
needing to be re-terminated twice, has been rock solid. The longer
stroke can be hard on blades for the novice user, but sounds like you're
past the "bend blades all the time" stage. If this one ever goes out,
I'll probably replace it with the same thing, I'm quite happy with it.