KLS

On 19 Jul 2005 11:03:34 -0700, "shinypenny"
wrote:

She asked us to build a privacy screen around them, which we happily
did. But she's still complaining and recently suggested we bring the
builder back in to "fix" it. To which we politely explained that the
builder's warranty was only for a year, and it had expired over two
years ago. (Meanwhile, thinking to ourselves that it is odd that she's
only NOW complaining about this, three summers later!)

Deliver some earplugs and tell her she's out of luck with you. Life
is tough in cities with houses close together; if she doesn't like it,
she can move. I don't believe for one minute that this AC noise would
qualify as a disturbance on the same order as an airplane engine or a
barking dog. Geez!