CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

sboyd4 wrote:
So do I need to call now - as in an emergency - or can I call in the
morning?
Thank you.

Are there any children in the house? If so I would call NOW. Your
ground line and neutral are connected. If the neutral lifted and the
ground is still connected to it (which is probably the case) your safety
ground has not become your neutral. This poses a serious risk of shock
when touching the _outside_ of grounded appliances. Plus other creative
stuff.

Usually people don't even bother to explain. I think its because the
issue is serious and they want you to not be reading the forums but on
the phone calling an electrician.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert