Andy Mckenzie wrote:

I am not sure that the same claim without proving negligence rule applies to
other accidents, I am sure I read that if your neigbours tree falls down and
damages your house, its your problem (again unless you can prove
negligence).

No longer true where animals are concerned I'm afraid, I'm not sure
about other things. A fairly recent case against a horse owner has
set a precedent (and increased horse insurance premiums considerably).

The horses escaped and caused an accident (a car accident I think),
there was no need to show negligence on the part of of the horse
owner, he was liable simply because they were his horses.

--
Chris Green